… is my skincare regime. Waking up on the first alarm should be pretty close up there ;)
Throughout my life, I’ve always been complimented on my flawless complexion. I’ve been blessed with a beautifully pale, yet super clear skin – and have thanked my mother a million times for passing on the most wanted gene in the world. But with great
power gift comes with a price: my skin is super sensitive to most facial products out there.
I’m allergic to Neutrogena, Clinique, and some Urban Decay – to say the least. It’s an odd motley of brands, but it still sucks – they’re the most commonly used brands for all girls interested in skincare/makeup!
(1) L’Occitane Immortelle Precious Foaming Cleanser – $28
(2) Lancome “Tonique Confort” Comforting Rehydrating Toner – $25
(3) Kate Somerville “Nourish” Daily Moisturizer – $65
(4) Lancome “High Resolution Refill-3X” Eye Cream – $64
(5) Kate Somerville IllumiKate CC Cream, SPF 50+ in Fair – $48
(1) Kirkland Daily Facial Cleansing Towelettes – $12
(2) Lancome “Bi-Facial” Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover – $38
(3) Philosophy “Purity Made Simple” Facial Cleansing Gel & Eye Makeup Remover – $21
(4) Shiseido “White Lucent” Brightening Cleansing Foam – $35
(5) Lancome “Tonique Confort” Comforting Rehydrating Toner – $25
(6) Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil – $50
(7) Shiseido “Ibuki” Refining Moisturizer – $45
(8) Lancome “High Resolution Refill-3X” Eye Cream – $64
I’ve always been terribly scared of face oils. I’m prone to a very oily T-zone and I really had a tough time trying to stay calm for the first few days of using the face oil (read: scared shitless about waking up to a Lake Rachel on my face). When I’m about a week from my period, I stop using face oil all together and use a very light moisturizer. I can’t help it if my hormones go crazy and try to wreak havoc on my face!
My newest hobby is trying out different BB/CC creams on the market. Back in college, BB cream trend didn’t quite take off and there wasn’t much “experimentation” needed. It was always Dr Jart Black Label, and that was that. But now that this trend is FINALLY taking off in the US, I’m so excited! I’ve already tried:
Lancome BB – terrible smell and feels like a light foundation
Bobbi Brown BB – good medium coverage, but too high of coverage for me.
HERA BB Cushion – LOVE texture and build-ability but dries out fast
Lancome Renergie Eclat CC Cream – LOVE the moisturizing texture but expensive
Next on my list are: AMOREPACIFIC CC Cushion and Bobbi Brown CC Cream!